Nominations for the Board of Directors and 2017 Officers are now open!
The Nomination period is November 03, 2016 through November 17, 2016.
All nomination packages must be sent to Executivedirector@scwla.org no later than close of business Thursday, November 17, 2016.
How to Nominate
Nominations for Board of Directors:
a. If you are not currently a Director, you may nominate yourself, or be nominated, by emailing your name to the Executive Director, along with the signatures of five (5) current SCWLA members in good standing who support you. SCWLA -Petition to Nominate.
b. If you are currently a Director, you may nominate yourself for re-election by notifying the Executive Director by email.
Nominations for Officer Position:
a. The signatures of ten (10) SCWLA members in good standing, along with the name of the nominee and the position for which they are being nominated.
b. You must also present proof in the same email that the nominee meets the qualifications for the office. (See below)
Qualifications for Board of Directors:
- Any individual, who has been a member of SCWLA in good standing for at least two (2) years.
Qualifications for Officer Positions:
- Prior to serving as President-elect, an individual must have served as either Secretary or Treasurer. Prior to serving as Secretary or Treasurer, an individual must have previously served at least one term on the Board of Directors and must have served either as a Regional Representative or a member of a Committee for at least one (1) year.
Board of Directors Member Tenure/Duties
- Non-officer Directors shall be elected for two-year terms, which shall run from the first regular board meeting in January following the annual election until his or her qualified successor has been elected and is likewise seated.
- Attend board meetings.The Board of Directors shall hold at least five (5) Regular Meetings each year at such time and at such place as shall from time to time be determined by the Board of Directors
- Attend special meetings called.
President - The President shall preside at all meetings of the Association and the Board of Directors and shall appoint the chair and members of all committees. She shall be the official spokesman for the Association and shall have general charge and supervision of its affairs subject to the authority of the Board of Directors.
President-Elect - The President-Elect shall perform such duties as the President may assign and, except as otherwise provided, the duties of the President when the President is disabled from performing her duties or absent from any meeting of the Association or the Board of Directors.
Secretary - The Secretary shall –
(a) keep the respective minutes and records of the Association and the Board of Directors;
(b) maintain the roster of the members of the Board and the register of members;
(c) receive, certify, and publish nominations of members of the Board;
(d) receive, certify, and publish the results of mail ballots;
(e) receive and maintain as the property of the Association all papers, addresses, and reports to the Association and the Board of Directors;
(f) give notice when notice is required to be given to the Board of Directors, or the members; and
(g) perform such other duties as shall be assigned to her by the President or the Board of Directors.
Treasurer - The Treasurer shall supervise the safekeeping of the funds and investments of the Association and shall report periodically on its financial condition to the Board of Directors. She shall perform such other duties as shall be assigned to her by the President or the Board of Directors.
Please keep in mind that while members at large may sign petitions to nominate members for officer positions, the Board of Directors actually elects the officers.